Presidential Proclamation Suspends Au Pair Visas
* Presidential Proclamation 10014 was rescinded by the Biden Administration on February 24, 2021. – Read More
* Presidential Proclamation 10052 expired on March 31, 2021. – Read More
On June 22, 2020, President Trump signed legislation that has temporarily suspended many visa programs in the US including the Au Pair J-1 Visa Program until December 31, 2020. As a result, new au pair arrivals to the USA will be suspended until January 1, 2021.
Agent Au Pair will continue to support our au pairs and host families as they continue their program, whether they complete their program or extend for additional months. The temporary suspension does not impact au pairs that are currently in the USA during their first year, extension period, or COVID specific one-time extension period of 60 days or 6 months. If you would like additional information on these extension options, please contact email@example.com.
Agent Au Pair is diligently working to provide solutions to help you find care during the au pair program hiatus and will be contacting you for feedback. You may also reach out to Anabel Martinez directly at +1 (203) 680-9983 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss some of the live-in-child care options we are considering.
The article below outlines the new restrictions:
What can host families do?
- Contact the White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
- Contact your Congressmen: https://www.house.gov/representatives
- Contact your Senator: https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htm
We encourage families to express their opinion and discuss how the au pair program strengthens our economy.