Au Pair Benefits
Taking care of young children requires maturity, hard work and patience. Your childcare duties will be challenging, but will also be rewarding, as you will help your host children to develop new skills and grow as an individual. Being a member of an American family for a year is a memorable and life-changing experience.
Au Pair Program Benefits
- Experience American life and culture
- Gain valuable international travel and global experience
- Improve your English language skills
- Become more independent and self-confident
- Make new friends from around the world
Sponsorship and Pay
- Two weeks paid vacation & one full weekend off per month
- Maximum work of 45 hours per week/ 10 hours per day
- Weekly stipend based on your program
- Health Insurance
- Agent Au Pair will sponsor you for 12 months through a legal J-1 Visa
- The opportunity to extend your program for another 6, 9, or 12 months
- 30 days to travel the country upon the successful completion of your program
- Au pairs receive up to $500 for enrollment in an accredited post-secondary institution for 6 units of academic credit or its equivalent
- TutorCare au pairs receive up to $1,000 for enrollment at an accredited post-secondary institution for 12 semester credits or equivalent
- Au pairs who extend their visa are required to take additional 3 – 6 credits based on their extension
Housing and Travel
- A private bedroom with a pre-screened host family
- Round trip airfare to the United States from your home country
Exclusive Agent Au Pair Benefits
- Agent Au Pair infuses Renzulli teaching methods into our program to elevate its learning benefits. Au pairs are trained in Renzulli methods and leverage the Renzulli Learning System.
- As a member of Agent Au Pair, au pairs have the option to take a free online course and receive 9 Contact Hours from the University of Connecticut that they can put on their resume!
Au Pair School
- Au Pairs attend 15 hours of virtual au pair school once they arrive in the USA. Au Pair school covers important program information, cultural exchange, child development stages, au pair duties, community integration, and more.
- 24 / 7 emergency direct line for emergency situations and continuous support