Being an Au Pair is a great opportunity to get to know people from all over the world! Adapting to the language and culture of the United States can be challenging at first, and many au pairs feel homesick during their first weeks in the US. A great way to overcome homesickness and culture shock is sharing new experiences and talking about your feelings. It is also always nice to have another person with whom you can discover the area you live and travel with. But where can you make friends?
Here are some resources on how to meet new people:
- Meet other au pairs at Au Pair School and Monthly Meetings
- Enroll in classes for your educational component
- Volunteer in your city and find friends who have similar interests
- Join the Agent Au Pair Connections Facebook Group for Au Pairs from Agent Au Pair
- Try Apps, such as Meetup and Nextdoor, where you can find people in your area who have similar hobbies, interests, or people attending events in your area
- Meetup.com App- to find
people in the area who have similar hobbies and interests
- Look for social media groups
(e.g. Facebook groups for Au Pair’s from all agencies who live within
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.